A Netflix original 4 part tv series that debuted on March 20th and I had no idea that Sarah Breedlove aka Madame C.J. Walker was so multidimensional as the first woman of any race to be a self made millionaire in the United States.
Here are 10 things I noticed from “Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker”:
1. Roger Guenveur Smith is perfectly cast as Booker T Washington.
2. Octavia Spencer serves double duty as actress and producer and is sublime as both.
3. Tiffany Haddish is a great actress.
4. Blair Underwood is f.a.f. and a great actor.
5. Great to see Garret Morris.
6. It was based on the biography written by Madame C.J. Walker’s great great granddaughter and my Facebook friend A’Lelia Bundles.
7. Best line: “whatever it is you are feeling now, regret hurts worse”.
8. Bill Bellamy is at his slimiest as “Sweetness”.
9. “Never run back to what broke you”!
10. Spelman was named after John D. Rockefeller’s wife.