A friend told me about an original documentary on Netflix entitled “Mucho Mucho Amor: The Legend of Walter Mercado”
I had not heard of Walter Mercado and given his stature in pop culture I am not sure how this was possible.
It was a fascinating documentary I highly recommend, and here are 10 things I learned about Walter Mercado:
1. He was born Walter Mercado Salinas 3/9/1932 in Ponce, Puerto Rico. He died 11/2/2019.
2. In his own words he “. . . used to be a star, now is a constellation.”
3. He was an astrologer, actor, dancer and writer.
4. He was also known as “Shanti Ananda” translated peace, happiness.
5. He says he was a virgin, “the only one in town”
6. Presidents Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan utilized his services.
7. Lin-Manuel was an admirer.
8. He joined the “Psychic Friends Network”
9. He was a “. . . force of nature without the beginnings and endings”
10. Mucho Mucho Amor!