Okay I didn’t support this movie opening weekend because it wasn’t on my radar, I must have been off social media.
I saw it and I recommend it. Here are 10 Things I Noticed about “Queen & Slim” (there are no spoilers as to the principle story line):
1. It’s Melina Matsoukas’ feature film debut.
2. Gayle King makes an appearance as herself.
3. Soledad O’Brien makes an appearance as herself.
4. Lena Waithe wrote the screenplay.
5. Black Girl Magic.
6. The soundtrack is incredible.
7. It’s a rom dram.
8. Great line by “Uncle Earl” to Queen & Slim: “Oh well, if it ain’t the Black Bonnie and Clyde”
9. Queen to Slim: “You made a playlist, that’s cute”
10. This was a great first date and I am glad I am married and not dating.