On November 1st Apple launched Apple TV+ their streaming service. I get it free for a year since I purchased an iPhone 11.
I learned from my friend and tv critic Chuck Barney about one of the original programs starring and executive produced by Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. I am a fan of both of them so I gave it a look see.
I have seen the first three episodes that have been released and I am a huge fan and hooked.
I eagerly await episodes four through 10 released weekly starting 11/8 through 12/20. Thwarting my bing watching desires.
Here are 10 things I noticed and love about Apple TV+’s “The Morning Show”:
1. I love Jennifer’s body of work pre and post Friends. She is superb.
2. I enjoy Reese’s range.
3. Ditto for Nestor Carbonell.
4. They had me at Gugu.
5. Shari Belafonte, Brett Butler, Mindy Katling, and Marty Short in guest roles, all brilliant.
6. Having been the Director of Communications for a local morning show, the cursing and more is so realistic.
7. I have never been a Steve Carell fan until now, his character of Mitch Kessler is well written and acted.
8. The women’s touch in production even in conveying the other side of “#metoo” is brilliant.
9. We all know a Billy Crudup character.
10. It’s a fascinating insight into any working situation, not just a morning tv show, although research was clearly well done. It is based on the Brian Stelter book “Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV”